Out of stock
The Complete Jewish Study Bible pairs the newly updated text of the best-selling Complete Jewish Bible with detailed notes and comprehensive study material to help both Jewish and Christian readers alike. Readers will be enriched through this Jewish reading of Scripture and the revelation of the long-awaited Messiah, throughout both the Tanakh (Old Testament) and the B’rit Hadashah (New Testament).
For example in John 2:13 It was almost time for the festival of Pesach in Y’hudah, so Yeshua went up to Yerushalayim. The choice of “…the festival of Pesach [Passover] in Y’hudah…” [Judah] instead of the Passover of the Jews is interesting as it gives a distinctly Jewish “flavour” to the translation and there are many more such nuances that are missed by the normal translations to which we are all familiar. So in this way it enriches the reader together with the footnotes and articles which give plenty of Jewish background to the translation.
- Over 100 articles—categorized into twelve themes—run throughout the Bible covering topics such as Jewish Customs, Messianic Prophecy, the Names of God, Shabbat, the Torah, and more
- Over thirty additional topical articles—ranging from such subjects as the menorah and repentance, to Yeshua’s “Sermon on the Mount” and the Noachide Laws (the laws given by God to Noah and subsequent generations) and their applicability to Gentiles—offer fresh insight and spiritual application
- New Bible book introductions, written from a Jewish perspective
- Follows the Jewish order of the Takakh’s books (Old Testament), the order with which Yeshua was familiar
- Includes extensive bottom-of-the-page notes throughout to help readers understand the historical background and cultural context of the text
- Provides Scripture readings for Sabbaths, Festivals, Feasts, and Fasts
- Offers the original Hebrew names for all people, places, and concepts, as well as a pronunciation guide
- Articles written by over thirty contributors (both Jewish and Christian), including Drs. John and Patrice Fischer, Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum, Rabbi Barney Kasdan, and many more
- Featuring quotes and excerpts from well-known Rabbis and scholars, both ancient and modern, such as Dr. Walter Kaiser, Dr. Daniel Boyarin, Dr. Amy-Jill Levine, Rabbi Jonathan Sacks, Rabbi Gamaliel, Rabbi Hillel, Rabbi Shammai, Rabbi Akiva, Maimonides, Dr. Michael Brown, Dr. Michael Rydelnik, and many more
- In addition to these topical articles and detailed study notes, there are twelve tracks or themes running throughout the Bible with 117 articles, covering topics such as Jewish Customs, the Names of God, Shabbat, and the Torah
- Eight pages of full-color maps
- Presentation page
- Two ribbon markers
- 10-point text size
- 9.75″ x 7.00″ x 1.75
No comments yet.